These student activity cards have ideas for doing science at home.
For middle school students
- Cracking Codes [PDF 432 KB] (Mathematics) – Learn about a simple coding device using a Caesar Cipher.
- Penguin Parents [PDF 356KB] (Biology) – Learn how penguins cope with extreme weather when rearing their young.
- It is Rocket Science [PDF 370KB] (Physics) – Learn about Newton’s Laws and how rockets work.
- Criminal Ink [PDF 432KB] (Chemistry) – Solve a crime using simple chromatography.
For senior school students
- Cabbage Chemistry [PDF 368KB] (Chemistry) – Investigate acids and bases using red cabbage indicator.
- Build a Hovercraft [PDF 487KB] (Physics) – Investigate forces using this simple activity.
- Mummified Heads [PDF 428KB] (Biology) – Use desiccants to mummify an apple.
- Finding Pi with Darts [PDF 490KB] (Mathematics) – Use random chance to calculate probability results.